is a fantastic little 3D modeling and drawing program that was first developed by @Last Software, sold to Google and is now owned by Trimble Navigation. sketchup system requirements
Sketchup is relatively easy to use and has been put to use in architecture, engineering, film and video game projects. There is both a free and professional version of the software available. And a large and vibrant community that contributes to an open-source library of Sketchup format models online.
Sketchup System Requirements:
- 1 Sketchup System Requirements:
- 2 Operating systems supported by SketchUp
- 3 How much RAM do I need for SketchUp?
- 4 Does SketchUp need graphics card?
- 5 What laptop is best for SketchUp?
- 6 Is Google SketchUp free?
- 7 Can you use SketchUp offline?
- 8 How many cores does SketchUp use?
- 9 Does SketchUp work on iPad?
- 10 How do I improve performance in SketchUp?
- 11 What is the difference between SketchUp shop and Sketchup Pro?
Sketchup is requirements are actually quite modest and a low-end Xeon or high-end i7 CPU. With eight to sixteen gigabytes of RAM will generally be just fine. However, Sketchup is a stickler for strict and comprehensive OpenGL compliance. So we strongly recommend that you purchase a workstation with a professional GPU that has been certified in this way. Integrated Intel graphics should be avoided for this very reason. As there have been reports of incompatibilities between Sketchup and some Intel GPUs.
Operating systems supported by SketchUp
How much RAM do I need for SketchUp?
SketchUp Hardware and Software Requirements
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|4GB RAM||8GB+ RAM|
|700MB of available hard-disk space||At least 1GB of available hard-disk space|
|Intel HD integrated graphics card with at least 512MB video memory||Discrete Graphics card such as AMD Radeon R9 M37X 2048 MB|
Does SketchUp need graphics card?
Sketchup requires OPENGL support, so you need a graphics card that supports OpenGL. Rendering is CPU intensive so you need a decent CPU as well.
What laptop is best for SketchUp?
- Best Overall: Asus ROG Strix Scar III
- Best Runner Up: HP Omen 15
- Best from Dell: New Alienware M15
- Best For Rendering: Razer Blade 15
- Best 4K Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15
- Best 17-inch Display: Dell G7 17
- Best with GTX 1660 Ti: Acer Predator Helios 300
- Best Workstation: Lenovo ThinkPad P53s
Is Google SketchUp free?
SketchUp Free is the simplest free 3D modeling software on the web — no strings attached. Bring your 3D design online, and have your SketchUp projects with you wherever you go.
Can you use SketchUp offline?
Yes. SketchUp Pro is available as a native desktop application for macOS and Windows, capable of offline use. Of course, there are a number of features (like 3D Warehouse) that cannot be accessed while your computer is offline. But all the essential modeling tools work just fine.
How many cores does SketchUp use?
one core The short story is, yes, Sketchup, like many other industrial-standard software, only uses one core for all processing.
Does SketchUp work on iPad?
Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. … SketchUp Viewer supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
How do I improve performance in SketchUp?
If SketchUp is taking a long time to pan, orbit, or zoom, we suggest the following techniques to help improve performance:
- Limit Excessive Geometry. Make Groups and Components. Importing Images for Textures. Purge, Purge, Purge. …
- Limit Excessive Geometry. Make Groups and Components. Importing Images for Textures.
What is the difference between SketchUp shop and Sketchup Pro?
SketchUp Shop is the same web version of SketchUp you may have already been using. However, if you have an active subscription, then you’ll also have access to a handful of valuable new tools previously only available in SketchUp Pro (which you have to install locally on your computer).